Sweet and Spicy Bacon Kebabs with Scallion-Ginger Relish
Welcome to the springtime grilling season! Get ready for some Sweet and Spicy Bacon Kebabs with Scallion-Ginger Relish, a unique and delicious BBQ experience perfect for adding excitement to your cookout.
Don't be intimidated by the list of ingredients - everything you need is simple and easy to find. These bacon kebabs are simply made with a savory sweet glaze of honey, sambal oelek, rice vinegar, and Sriracha. Plus, adding scallion-ginger relish brings an exciting flavor to the dish.
These Bacon Kebabs must stay over indirect heat the whole time to bring out those scrumptious flavors and not burn, so make sure you give them the cooking time they deserve. You'll be rewarded with a smoky and flavorful meal just bursting with flavor. Put your taste buds into overdrive at your next BBQ!
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Kebabs with Scallion-Ginger Relish Ingredients
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- ½ teaspoon light brown sugar
- Kosher salt
Bacon & Assembly
- Vegetable oil (for the grill)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- ½ pound thick-cut bacon
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Eight 8–12-inch-long metal skewers
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Kebabs with Scallion-Ginger Relish Directions
- Toss scallions, chile, lime juice, oil, ginger, and brown sugar in a medium bowl to combine; season with salt.
Bacon & Assembly
- Prepare a grill for medium-high, indirect heat (for a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of the grill; for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off). Oil the grates.
- Combine honey, sambal oelek, vinegar, and Sriracha in a small bowl; set the glaze aside.
- Thread bacon onto 6–8 skewers, folding back and forth in accordion style, and grill over indirect heat, turning every minute or so, until browned and crisp, 10–12 minutes.
- Baste with reserved glaze, turning every 30 seconds until lacquered and slightly sticky, about 3 minutes (move to an even cooler spot if needed to keep the glaze from scorching).
- Serve bacon with relish and lime wedges.
Do Ahead: Glaze can be made one week ahead, covered, and chilled.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/sweet-spicy-bacon-kebabs-scallion-ginger-relish