Grilled Skirt Steak
Nothing says warm weather like the tantalizing aroma of a perfectly grilled skirt steak! This Grilled Skirt Steak is the star of any cook-out, thanks to its tender and juicy texture. With a simple marinade, this steak is cooked over high heat to perfection.
To craft the perfect marinade for this Grilled Skirt Steak, we combined olive oil, dry sherry, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and crushed red pepper. This blend gives the steak the perfect punch of flavor with a robust blend that tantalizes your taste buds. Plus, adding a little bit of honey helps caramelize the outside of the steak just enough for an unforgettable culinary experience!
Each steak is carefully seasoned for at least 30 minutes before grilling. Remember not to marinate for more than 24 hours; this will cause it to become too saturated in flavor and won’t turn out as delicious as intended!
For cooks and grillers looking for the ultimate flavor bite when it comes to warm-weather grilling, this Grilled Skirt Steak offers a delightful twist on conventional meats. Trust us when we say you won't regret investing in one of these juicy steaks - it's sure to be a hit at your next get-together!
Grilled Skirt Steak Ingredients
- 2 lb. Skirt Steak
- salt and pepper
For the Marinade
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup dry sherry
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chimichurri sauce, optional
Grilled Skirt Steak Directions
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Combine the olive oil, dry sherry, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and red pepper in a zip-top plastic bag (or shallow baking dish). Place steak in the bag and let marinate on the countertop for 30 minutes.*
- Preheat grill to high heat (at least 500 degrees or higher if possible), clean grates, and brush with oil if needed.
- Remove steak from marinade (discard any remaining marinade) and sear on the hot grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees F.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing the steak against the grain into thin strips. Serve with the chimichurri sauce if desired.
*If marinating the steak for over 30 minutes, keep it in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before grilling.Taken from iwashyoudry.com https://iwashyoudry.com/grilled-skirt-steak-recipe/