Grilled Oysters with Chorizo Butter
Nothing brings people together during the warm months like savory meals enjoyed in the backyard with friends and family. And now, you can add gourmet flavor to the heat of your grill with these delicious oysters! Our Grilled Oysters with Chorizo Butter are the perfect addition to your springtime grilling!
These grilled gems don't require any shucking - just wait until they open on the grill, then top them with a smoky, tangy compound butter including chorizo, lime juice, and salt. You won't find a tastier bite! And they're garnished with freshly picked cilantro and lime for a bright pop of flavor that will leave everyone wanting more.
So make some memories this season when you cook up these Grilled Oysters with Chorizo Butter - an exciting twist on backyard grilling that will surely bring a smile to your guests' faces!
Makes 18 oysters
Grilled Oysters with Chorizo Butter Ingredients
- 4 ounces fresh Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 18 Louisiana or other variety of medium to large oysters, scrubbed
- Cilantro leaves and finely grated lime zest for garnish
Grilled Oysters with Chorizo Butter Directions
- In a skillet, cook the chorizo over moderate heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until lightly browned, 8 minutes. Scrape into a bowl and let cool, then break into small clumps.
- Add one tablespoon of water to the skillet and simmer over low heat. Add the butter to the skillet a few cubes at a time, constantly whisking until melted before adding more. Stir in the chorizo and lime juice and season with salt. Keep warm over very low heat.
- Light a grill. Place the oysters on the grill, flat side up. Grill over high heat until the shells open slightly. Carefully transfer to a platter and remove the top shell using kitchen gloves or a mitt. Spoon the chorizo butter onto the oysters and garnish with a cilantro leaf and lime zest. Serve right away.