Grilled Vegetable Fajitas with Guacamole
Introducing Grilled Vegetable Fajitas with Guacamole - the perfect vegan-friendly way to take your next cookout to the next level! Our fajitas are packed with flavor, combining fresh asparagus, portobello mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions in a zesty cumin lime sauce. That's not all -- these vegetable fajitas come with accompanying zingy guacamole to complete your meal.
Grilling over an open flame allows you to bring out the best flavors in your food while being one of the healthiest ways to cook. Each vegetable is expertly seared to perfection, creating a delightful balance of smoky taste and intense texture that will tantalize your taste buds. Altogether, this scrumptious plate of traditional Mexican fare will make your mouth water - because authentic veggie fajitas can be just as flavorful as ones made with meat!
Take your cookouts to the heights of culinary enjoyment with Grilled Vegetable Fajitas with Guacamole -- vegan and delicious! Get yours today to experience the tastiness of grilling vegetables for yourself!
Makes 6 Fajitas
Grilled Vegetable Fajitas with Guacamole Ingredients
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 large portobello mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 8 asparagus spears, woody ends removed, then stalks cut in half
- 1 medium bell pepper (any color), sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 small (fajita-size) flour tortillas, warmed
- Guacamole, or sauce of choice
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped, seeds and stem removed (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 3 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Additional Ingredients for Mango Guacamole
- ¾ cup diced mango
Additional Ingredients for Chipotle Guacamole
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a can)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from your can of chipotles), plus more to taste
Additional Ingredients for Poblano Corn Guacamole
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup diced poblano pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Grilled Vegetable Fajitas with Guacamole Directions
- Stir the lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper together in a small bowl.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with two tablespoons of oil and place it over medium heat. You can also use the American Made Grills Griddle Plate right on your grill.
- Give the oil a minute to heat up, then add the mushroom slices in an even layer. Avoid overcrowding the skillet and cook the mushrooms in batches if needed.
- Cook the mushrooms for about 4 minutes on each side until the slices are lightly browned.
- Remove the mushroom slices from the skillet. Raise the heat to high and add another dash of oil to the skillet if it seems dry.
- Add the asparagus, bell pepper, and onion. Cook the veggies for about 4 minutes, flipping them occasionally until they're tender-crisp and darkened in spots.
- Lower the heat and return the mushrooms to the skillet. Carefully pour the sauce over the veggies.
- Continue cooking the veggies, flipping them frequently, until most of the liquid from the sauce has cooked off, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Season the veggies with additional salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle them with cilantro.
- Stuff the veggies into warm tortillas and slather with guacamole or sauce of choice. Serve.
- Place the onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, and ½ teaspoon salt into your molcajete base. If you're making chipotle guacamole, include the chipotle pepper as well. Use the grinder to mash everything to a pulp.
- Add the avocado and mash until creamy. Add the lime juice and continue mashing.
- Taste-test and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
Fork and Bowl Method
- Place the avocados into a medium bowl and use a fork to mash them up until creamy.
- Add the onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Continue mashing and stirring everything until well mixed.
- Taste-test and add salt or lime juice if needed.
Additional Steps for Mango Guacamole
- Stir in the diced mango.
Additional Steps for Chipotle Guacamole
- Stir one tablespoon of adobo sauce into the guacamole. Taste test and add more sauce if desired.
Additional Steps for Poblano Corn Guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the corn and poblano pepper onto a baking sheet or into an oven-safe skillet. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Roast the corn and poblano mixture until tender and browned about 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet or skillet from the oven and allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir the corn, poblano pepper, and cumin into the guacamole.
Taken from connoisseurusveg.com https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/grilled-vegetable-fajias-with-creamy-jalapeno-sauce/