St. Patrick’s Day Stout & Pesto Grilled Flank Steak
In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, we’ve got a delicious and festive grilled steak recipe for you to try. St. Patrick’s Day Stout & Pesto Grilled Flank Steak is a whimsical dish for your St. Patty’s Day party, marinated in Irish stout beer and visually green from the fresh pesto. This steak is grilled to perfection, served with a matching traditional Irish side dish, and is perfect for your outdoor celebration.
This recipe is a nod to Irish pub food. The steak is simply marinated in beer, basted with salt and pesto, quickly grilled on both sides, and served with more pesto on top. The pesto combines basil, pepper, walnuts, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. It can be made ahead of time and used in various dishes. Since the steak only takes several minutes to grill, this meal is simple to prepare and fantastic for entertaining. So fire up the grill, grab your shamrock embroidered shorts and suspenders, and let’s celebrate “Green Day!”
St. Patrick’s Day Stout & Pesto Grilled Flank Steak Ingredients
- 1 flank steak, about 1¼ - 1½ lbs.
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 bottle Irish stout beer
- 2 cup fresh basil leaves, removed from stems
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
St. Patrick’s Day Stout & Pesto Grilled Flank Steak Directions
- Marinade flank steak in the Irish stout beer.
- Prepare the Pesto: Combine all pesto ingredients in blender except olive oil and blend on high until smooth. Add in olive oil until the pesto is the right consistency. If it is too thick, add some extra olive oil. It should flow off the spatula.
- Mix together the pesto, vinegar, and water
- Allow steak to sit at room temperature for 30-40 minutes before grilling
- Heat grill
- Sprinkle both sides of meat with kosher salt
- Grill to the desired temperature
- A few minutes before it is done, brush both sides with pesto.
- Remove from grill and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes or so
- Brush top with a nice layer of pesto
- Slice and enjoy!
Taken from YourHomeBasedMom.com https://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/flank-steak-with-pesto/