Orange-Ginger Pork Chops
As soon as the weather starts to cool down, it's time to get the grill fired up! Fall is the perfect grilling season, with crisp weather and flavorful harvest ingredients. And what could be more delicious than a juicy, tasty pork chop?
Our Orange-Ginger Pork Chops are the perfect blend of traditional fall flavors and Asian inspiration. A robust marinade of sautéed ginger, sherry, and orange infuses these chops with an explosion of flavor. The result is a juicy, tender pork chop grilled to perfection.
Begin preparing the marinade by sautéing fresh ginger and garlic in oil and removing from heat, then stir in sherry honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, grated orange peel, and hot pepper sauce. Keep ½ cup of the marinade in reserve, and then add the pork chops to the marinade for at least an hour. Make basting sauce by combing cornstarch, water, and the reserved marinade in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
When ready to cook, grill the pork chops over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, turning and basting occasionally. These chops finish with beautiful caramelization and char, full of juicy goodness with the fresh warmth of ginger, and permeated with the essence of orange.
So fire up the grill, get outside, and enjoy these iconic fall days while they last with Orange-Ginger Pork Chops and American Made Grills.
Orange-Ginger Pork Chops Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Orange-Ginger Pork Chops Directions
- In a saucepan, cook ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sherry, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel, and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Drain and discard the marinade from the pork. Coat the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for four minutes.
- Turn; baste with sauce. Grill 15 to 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally. Serve with any remaining sauce.