Maple & Rosemary Salmon Skewers
As the leaves begin to change color and the air grows crisp, we start to crave all of our favorite comfort foods. But just because it's getting cooler outside doesn't mean we have to say goodbye to grilling! Our Maple & Rosemary Salmon Skewers are the perfect way to enjoy the taste of fall without sacrificing all those delicious BBQ flavors.
The sweet maple syrup and aromatic rosemary complement each other perfectly, infusing the fresh salmon with all the best flavors of the season. So fire up the grill and enjoy a taste of harvest time, no matter what time of year it is!
This simple preparation requires just minutes on the grill to sear the salmon. The sauce is an intense, sweet, tangy combination of maple syrup, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, rosemary, and soy sauce. Half the sauce is brushed on the salmon before grilling, and the remaining is drizzled over the grilled filets. Since we are using skewers, these are perfect finger foods for holiday parties and festivities. So fire up the grill, grab a warm drink like hot apple cider, and enjoy these delectable bites by the glow of a warm and friendly fire.
Maple & Rosemary Salmon Skewers Ingredients
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1-1/2 lb. skinless salmon fillet, pin bones removed, cut crosswise into strips
- Oil for the grill
Maple & Rosemary Salmon Skewers Directions
- Prepare a medium-high (400 to 475°F) charcoal or gas grill fire.
- Whisk the syrup, mustard, rosemary, lemon juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside half of the sauce. Thread the salmon onto 10- to 12-inch metal skewers and brush the remaining sauce on the salmon. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Oil the grill grate and grill the salmon, flipping once until just cooked through, 4 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. Drizzle with the sauce and serve.