Grilled Ginger-Marinated Flank Steak
Long summer evenings with pink and orange skies, the gentle breeze building as the sun begins to wane, and the aroma of charred beef over open flame filling the backyard – this is what summer grilling is all about! Get your summer grill on with Grilled Ginger-Marinated Flank Steak, a ginger-infused dish with both citrus and Asian influences. This steak is the perfect dish to enjoy these hot summer nights without spending extended time at the grill in the heat.
While flank steak is not the most flavorful cut, its tougher tissue makes it perfect for marinating over extended times while the flavors permeate throughout. Grilled over medium-high heat for approximately 6-8 minutes and allowed to rest for 10, the steak finishes tender and moist. The steak is deeply infused with citrus, sweetness, and mild heat using a marinade of sesame oil, ginger, garlic, honey, fresh lime juice, salt, and pepper. Serve thinly sliced with lime wedges or on tortillas with Mexican crème for fusion tacos. So fire up the grill, prepare the hammock, and enjoy these wonderful summer nights' aerial and aromatic artistry.
Grilled Ginger-Marinated Flank Steak Ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (5") piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (1 1⁄2-lb.) flank steak
Grilled Ginger-Marinated Flank Steak Directions
- Purée oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth; pour into a bowl. Add steak and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or chill overnight.
- Set a gas grill to medium-high. Remove flank from marinade; grill until slightly charred, turning as needed, and cooked to desired doneness, 6–8 minutes for medium rare or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the steak reads 125°. Let steak rest for 10 minutes; thinly slice against the grain and serve with lime wedges.
Taken from Saveur.com http://www.saveur.com/grilled-ginger-marinated-flank-steak-recipe