Grilled Cauliflower Steaks and Scallions
Everyone loves firing up the grill for the fall season! Make things even more special with a simple and delicious recipe perfect for vegetarians and vegans. Grilled Cauliflower Steaks and Scallions are a unique and flavorful meal for any grilling session.
This recipe calls for using cauliflower steaks sliced from the middle to retain most of the head's integrity. We also suggest grilling scallions to complement the vegetal flavor of the steaks. Then, create a delicious cilantro sauce from ginger, garlic, cilantro leaves, and lime juice for a rich and flavorful taste. Finally, top it off with a delightful kick of Gochugaru (Korean red pepper powder), toasted black sesame seeds, and sesame oil.
Whether vegan, vegetarian, or a grilling enthusiast, you must try these Grilled Cauliflower Steaks and Scallions. It's the perfect way to make fall grilling even more special. Try it out today!
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks and Scallions Ingredients
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided, plus more for grill
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Gochugaru (Korean red pepper powder), toasted black sesame seeds, and sesame oil (for serving)
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks and Scallions Directions
- Remove leaves and trim the stem of the cauliflower, leaving the core intact. Place cauliflower, core side down, on a work surface. Starting at the midline of the cauliflower, slice from top to bottom into four ½" "steaks" (reserve any florets that break loose).
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Drizzle cauliflower steaks, florets, and scallions with 4 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill scallions, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, about 2 minutes. Grill cauliflower steaks until tender and charred in spots, 8–10 minutes per side. Grill any loose florets in a grill basket, tossing often, until cooked through, 5–7 minutes.
- Blend ginger, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and two tablespoons of oil in a food processor, thinning with water if needed, until sauce is the consistency of yogurt; season with salt.
- Arrange cauliflower and scallions on a platter. Sprinkle with Gochugaru and sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil. Serve with cilantro sauce alongside.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-cauliflower-steaks-scallions