Sweet-Heat Barbecue Chicken
Time to get the grill fired up and fan the flames – it's Sweet-Heat Barbecue Chicken time! Perfect for weekend barbecues and the big game, this delicious recipe will heat up even the dullest of days. Sweet-Heat Barbecue Chicken has a special sauce featuring garlic, brown sugar, chili sauce, and hot pepper sauce. That deliciously unique sweet and spicy flavor will please everyone's taste buds! Get ready for an unforgettable grilling experience with Sweet-Heat Barbecue Chicken!
When it's time to fire up the grill, lightly grease the rack before placing your chicken on top. Grill it over medium heat for 30 minutes before occasionally turning and basting with our secret sauce. After 15 minutes of grilling, the chicken should be cooked and ready to serve, making it perfect for hungry athletes and weekend warriors!
With succulent chicken pieces in a slightly sweet yet tangy and spicy glaze, you can't go wrong with Sweet-Heat Barbecue Chicken. Whether you're hosting a large group of friends or want to surprise your family with a unique dinner spread this weekend, you can rest assured that Sweet Heat Barbecue Chicken guarantees deliciousness every single time.
So don't wait any longer – get grilling now! Try it today at your next outdoor event or family gathering - you won't be disappointed!
Sweet-Heat Barbecue Chicken Ingredients
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes of hot pepper sauce
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
Sweet-Heat Barbecue Chicken Directions
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the next eight ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken covered over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Baste with sauce.
- Grill 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 170°, basting and turning several times.
Taken from tasteofhome.com https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/barbecued-picnic-chicken/