Summertime Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops
When it comes to summer grilling, few things are as spectacular as a pork chop glazed with a sweet and smoky bourbon BBQ sauce. Our Summertime Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops bring deep flavor and Jack Daniel's in a homemade barbecue sauce that brings these pork chops to life. Perfect for any summer cookout or BBQ, these pork chops are sure to impress your guests - and have them coming back for more. So fire up the grill and get cooking - your taste buds will thank you!
Begin making the bourbon barbecue sauce by sautéing garlic, chili powder, and cayenne pepper, and then adding ketchup, bourbon, molasses, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Once combined and thickened, divide into two parts, and grill pork chops over medium heat, basting with the sauce during the last four minutes to caramelize and char. The sugars from the molasses, brown sugar and ketchup are balanced by the strong bourbon, mustard, and vinegar, while the cayenne adds the perfect amount of heat without being the centerpiece. So fire up the grill, grab a refreshing drink, and prepare for Summertime Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops.
Summertime Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. ketchup
- 3/4 c. bourbon (like Jack Daniel’s)
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops (about three pounds total)
Summertime Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops Directions
- Heat oil and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat, occasionally stirring, until garlic sizzles (do not let brown), about one minute. Add chili powder and cayenne. Cook, constantly stirring, for one minute.
- Add ketchup, bourbon, molasses, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer, occasionally stirring, until slightly thickened, 12 to 15 minutes—season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season chops with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part (avoiding the bone) registers 135°F, 10 to 14 minutes, basting with glaze (about 2/3 cup) during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Transfer to a platter and baste again. Serve with remaining glaze.
Taken from countryliving.com https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a21347095/bourbon-bbq-glazed-pork-chops-recipe/