Spicy Steak and Shrimp Kabobs with Pina Colada Sauce
What better way to round out the summer than a special night in with your significant other (or even just yourself!) Treat yourself to our new Spicy Steak and Shrimp Kabobs with Pina Colada Sauce. This unique combination of peppery steak and succulent shrimp pairs perfectly with a light, sweet pina colada sauce, providing the perfect finish to your summer night.
Whether you’re saucing up for a date night indoors or prepping for the perfect back-to-school bbq bash, our Spicy Steak and Shrimp Kabobs will not disappoint. With its bold and spicy flavors, this meal will surely please even the pickiest of palates. Plus, with a pina colada sauce that’s both sweet and light, you won’t find yourself feeling weighed down from the heavier dishes of summer. And the best part? No prep is required - just heat and eat!
Let our Spicy Steak and Shrimp Kabobs take the stress out of your summer night out. Parents and foodie lovers alike will appreciate its unique blend of flavors and hassle-free preparation. Show your special someone some love and enjoy the perfect backyard barbecue with our Spicy Steak and Shrimp Kabobs today.
Spicy Steak and Shrimp Kabobs with Pina Colada Sauce Ingredients
- 1-2 lbs. of Flank Steak, cut in strips or 1" cubes
- 1 Pound 16/20 Veined and peeled shrimp
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 ounces of Pineapple Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curry Powder, up to 1 teaspoon per taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Cream in a can found by the coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
For the Sauce
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Pineapple and Juice
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
Spicy Steak and Shrimp Kabobs with Pina Colada Sauce Directions
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, pineapple juice, olive oil, curry, red pepper flakes, cayenne, ginger, sesame oil, coconut cream, rice vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Separate into two Ziploc bags and add the steak to one and the shrimp to the other.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes, or we prefer all day.
- Once you're ready to grill, heat the grill to high heat and place the meat and seafood on the counter in their bags. Allow the grill to heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn to medium heat.
- Skewer the shrimp on a few skewers and the steak on separate skewers.
- Start with the steak and grill, turning occasionally for 2 minutes, then add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and serve with sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pineapple, coconut, and sour cream.
Notes: You can prepare kabobs a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to grill.
Taken from ohsweetbasil.com https://ohsweetbasil.com/spicy-steak-and-shrimp-kabobs-pina-colada-sauce-recipe/