Spice-Rubbed Grilled Fish Tacos
There's nothing like a bit of drama to enjoy a winter day! Spice-Rubbed Grilled Fish Tacos is your perfect adventure that will transform the cold of winter into the warmth of a flame-roasted masterpiece. This unique 2-pound fillet is packed with flavor; just rub it with spices, place it on the grill, and let the heat do its magic. Enjoy the feeling of satisfaction as you watch your kitchen creation come to life right before your eyes.
Grilling with fish is an incredibly flavorful way to enjoy seafood any time of the year. Making sure your fish is as fresh as possible is essential; for this recipe, use a large 2-pound fillet of striped bass or red snapper with the skin intact. Make a few shallow slashes in the skin before you rub a mixture of cumin, oregano, chili powder, olive oil, salt, and cilantro across both sides of the delicate flesh. Grill it over high heat on lightly oiled grates to keep it from sticking and tearing to get the ultimate sear. Cooking fish on a hot fire will give you an unbelievable flavor that won't be matched any other way.
Grilling a fillet is delicious and easy, making it an excellent choice for wintertime! Once your fish is finished cooking, transfer it to a plate and let it cool slightly, so the juices don't run away. Once warm enough to handle, use a fork to shred the fillet into bite-sized pieces easily.
Now comes the fun part – adding in all your favorite toppings! Grab warm corn tortillas and lime wedges for tacos, or top crunchy tostadas for a delicious contrast. Or create a unique presentation with your intricate salad creation. There are no limits, so you get to be creative as you please!
Grilling doesn't have to be daunting through the winter months - embrace the chill in the air and treat yourself to this easy showstopper recipe. Treat yourself to juicy, succulent Spice-Rubbed Grilled Fish Tacos that pair beautifully with warm tortillas anytime - even during the coldest days!
Makes 12 tacos
Spice Rubbed Grilled Fish Tacos Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for garnishing
- 2-pound fillet of striped bass or red snapper, skin intact
- Lime wedges for garnishing
- Favorite toppings for tacos (fresh avocado, sour cream, diced tomatoes, etc.)
- Warmed corn tortillas
Spice Rubbed Grilled Fish Tacos Directions
- Stir together spices and salt. Mix in olive oil and cilantro. Use a sharp knife to make shallow slashes about 1 1/2 inches apart into the fish skin; transfer to a large dish and rub both sides with a spice mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat a clean, lightly oiled grill to high heat. Place fish, flesh-side down, on the hot grill. Do not move for 3 to 5 minutes or until the fish is opaque. Flip using two spatulas. Cook until fish flakes slightly when pressed, about 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Transfer the fish fillet to a plate. Set aside to cool slightly. Place on a serving platter, shred the fillet with a fork into bite-size pieces, and garnish the platter with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs. Serve immediately or within 1 hour at room temperature.
Taken from summersetgrills.com https://summersetgrills.com/blogs/recipes/spice-rubbed-grilled-fish