New Year's Eve Grilled Jumbo Shrimp
As the clock strikes twelve and we usher in a brand new year, what could be more delicious - and dramatic - than New Year's Eve Grilled Jumbo Shrimp! With just the right amount of herbs, garlic, and lemon marinade swiftly seared on the grill for a couple of minutes, these delectable morsels are guaranteed to bring smiles to your famished guests.
Rather than leaving you with a heavy fullness that will make it difficult to enjoy all the fun festivities of your celebration, our Grilled Jumbo Shrimp arrive in perfect bite-sized portions, ready to enjoy no matter how much energy is still left in your feet. Quickly prepped the day before and speedily finished on the grill before serving.
Start 2023 with a bang, joyous friends, and perfect flavors! You can serve them with any condiment or dip you would like (lambs' lettuce is always so wonderful with grilled shrimp) or leave them as are – simple yet flavorful! A delightful menu item for late-night get-togethers that will ensure everyone has something light yet tasty to nibble on.
New Year's Eve Grilled Jumbo Shrimp Ingredients
- 2 1/2 pounds/1.2 kg jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chopped cilantro
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
New Year's Eve Grilled Jumbo Shrimp Directions
- Peel and de-vein shrimp and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture over the shrimp. Seal the bag and allow it to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the bag and discard the marinade. Place shrimp on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until pink all the way around. Remove from heat and serve.
Tip: Depending on the style of your grill, it may be easier to thread these jumbo shrimp onto skewers before grilling.
Taken from thespruceeats.com https://www.thespruceeats.com/grilled-jumbo-shrimp-335993