July 4th Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw
July 4th isn't complete without a good, hearty meal, and nothing shouts 'America' quite like grilling some savory pork ribs! These July 4th Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw are the perfect way to celebrate freedom this summer.
Feast on sweet-glazed baby back ribs basted in a Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and dark brown sugar glaze, perfectly caramelized to create the most delicious sticky finger-licking glaze. To complement these juicy ribs, we've included refreshing apple slaw laced with horseradish to give your taste buds an extra kick!
For all cooks and grillers looking for a unique dish for Independence Day, our July 4th Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw certainly won't disappoint. For more July 4th inspiration, check out the Fourth of July Grilling Series. Get your grills ready because the stars and stripes can wait no longer!
July 4th Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw Ingredients
- 3 pounds baby-back pork ribs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 head Napa or green cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
- 2 crisp apples (such as Braeburn or Granny Smith), cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 bunch of scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
July 4th Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw Directions
- Heat grill to medium. Season the ribs with one teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Combine Worcestershire, mustard, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Place the ribs on the grill, cover, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, turning often, until cooked through and tender. Baste with sauce during the last 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, horseradish, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the cabbage, apples, and scallions and toss.
- Cut the ribs apart, divide them among plates, and serve with the slaw.
Taken from summersetgrills.com https://summersetgrills.com/blogs/recipes/glazed-pork-ribs-with-horseradish-apple-slaw-sizzling-summer-series