Grilled Chicken with White Barbecue Sauce
There's nothing quite like the taste of grilled chicken. It's simple yet delicious and can be enjoyed any time of year. Today, we're going to show you how to make a fantastic dish called Grilled Chicken with White Barbecue Sauce. This dish is all done on the grill, is served as a terrific main course for any event, and is also versatile-you can use your favorite cut of chicken! Let's get started!
White barbecue sauce is a type of sauce that is often served with grilled and smoked meats, such as chicken and ribs. This sauce is famous in the southern portions of America, featuring the tart, robust flavors of lemon, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard, and horseradish. If you want to switch it up from the familiar sweet and spicy sauces to something more profound and more potent, this is the recipe for you.
The sauce is used first as a marinade and then as a basting sauce during the final preparation phase. Combine all the ingredients to make the white barbecue sauce, and use half a cup to marinate the chicken overnight. Preheat the grill for medium heat around 375 degrees, arrange the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast on the grill for approximately 35 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high, and grill the chicken directly on the grill grates, turning and frequently basting with the remaining sauce until cooked throughout. Charred and gorgeous, this chicken is a treat to enjoy.
Grilled Chicken with White Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
- 1 1/2 c. fat-free or light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 c. each lemon juice and water
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. white-wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. each coarse black pepper and yellow mustard
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp. each sugar and prepared horseradish
- 5 lb. chicken parts
Grilled Chicken with White Barbecue Sauce Directions
- Whisk together ingredients in a medium bowl. Place chicken in a 2-gallon ziptop bag; add 1⁄2 cup sauce, seal bag, and toss to coat—Marinate chicken in refrigerator for up to 2 days. Refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Heat the grill to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange chicken on baking sheet; roast on the grill 35 minutes, turning once.
- Raise the grill’s temperature to medium-high heat. Grill chicken, turning and frequently basting with 1⁄2 cup of the reserved sauce until cooked through about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter; serve with remaining sauce.
Taken from womansday.com https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a11420/grilled-chicken-white-barbecue-sauce-recipe-122672/