Barely Grilled Oysters with Sherried Garlic Butter
Oysters are a classic delicacy that can be prepared in many different ways. Refreshing and simple, Barely Grilled Oysters with Sherried Garlic Butter are perfect for a wintery day and show off the briny flavor of the bivalve. Using whole fresh garlic, butter, and sherry in this recipe imparts rich depth and unparalleled succulence.
Begin by preparing the special butter in a medium-sized skillet or saucepan. Sauté garlic in butter and then reduce dry sherry and sherry vinegar. Once reduced, add more butter to melt.
Freshness is paramount with all seafood, fish, and shellfish, so finding an excellent local fish market is ideal. Layout the oysters on a baking sheet and add a little butter to each. Grill the oysters over medium-high heat for just a few minutes until the juices begin to bubble. Remove the oysters from the grill and serve with parsley and lemon. The sherry in the sauce gives each oyster a remarkable depth of flavor that takes these oysters to a whole new level.
Whether for the big game or a family get-together, fire up the grill and prepare Barely Grilled Oysters with Sherried Garlic Butter for a crowd-pleasing treat.
Barely Grilled Oysters with Sherried Garlic Butter Ingredients
- 6 tablespoons salted butter (3 ounces), divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, grated (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for serving
- 2 dozen oysters on the half shell (preferably Murder Point)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Barely Grilled Oysters with Sherried Garlic Butter Directions
- Preheat your grill for medium-high heat (400°F to 450°F).
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small skillet over medium-high. Add garlic; cook, constantly stirring, 30 seconds. Carefully add sherry and vinegar; cook, occasionally stirring, until reduced to about 1/4 cup, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add remaining three tablespoons of butter, stirring until butter melts. Stir in parsley.
- Arrange oysters on a rimmed baking sheet; top each oyster with a scant one teaspoon butter mixture. Place oysters on unoiled grates and grill, covered, just until oyster juices begin to bubble vigorously, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve warm with parsley and lemon.