Grilled Baby Portabella Pesto Flatbread Pizza
If you're looking for a new winter favorite to add to your menu, look no further than the tantalizing Grilled Baby Portabella Pesto Flatbread Pizza! This unique dish will surely surprise and delight your taste buds with its delicious combination of traditional flavors like mushrooms, thyme, and pesto.
Begin by deliciously sautéing the thin-sliced mushrooms and onions in olive oil with just the right amount of salt, pepper, and thyme. The mushrooms add depth, texture, and an earthy element to every bite, making you savor this delightful pizza without needing meat. Then comes the Naan flatbread – sturdy enough on the grill, so it only takes a couple of minutes before it's nice and warm! Finally, top it off with a generous serving of pesto, sprinkle on the cheeses, and the irresistible sautéed mushroom-onion mixture.
Just a few more minutes on the grill, and voila, you've got yourself a tasty treat that will have everyone asking for seconds!
Grilled Baby Portabella Pesto Flatbread Pizza Ingredients
- 10 Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- big pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 pieces of Naan bread
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 6 oz. mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Grilled Baby Portabella Pesto Flatbread Pizza Directions
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms and onions in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and continue to cook for up to 7 minutes until mushrooms and onions start to soften. Add chopped thyme to mushrooms and onions and stir; cook for a minute or two longer. Set aside.
- Heat your grill to medium heat. Place naan bread on the grill and heat both sides for 1-2 minutes each. Take off the grill and place it on a large plate or cutting board to prep pizzas.
- To prep pizzas, carefully spread pesto evenly over each flatbread. Spread cheeses evenly over both flatbreads, then top with mushrooms. Place back on the grill and cook with the grill cover shut for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Slice into small finger-food-sized portions and serve.