Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast
Anytime, including the middle of winter, is the right time to grill, especially when you have a rotisserie. Introducing Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast, a unique culinary experience that will have your taste buds shrieking for more!
Start with our signature spiced-sugar rub that infuses the pork shoulder with delicious ingredients. Brown sugar, peppercorns, mustard seed, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder combine into the perfect blend to bring out all the tantalizing flavors this dish offers. Let it sit for several hours or overnight, and watch your flavor levels intensify!
But wait - there's more! This delectable dish is cooked on the rotisserie, giving it a perfectly balanced crispness on the outside while remaining juicy and succulent in between. We can't forget what takes this meal over the top, though - our secret sweet bourbon mop sauce. A mixture of bourbon, brown sugar, onion, ketchup corn syrup, and brown mustard is continually applied during cooking for maximum caramelization of each morsel that crosses your taste buds.
This one-of-a-kind pork roast is an unforgettable way to get together with family and friends around the dinner table. Get ready for a bold flavor that will keep you coming back for more! Experience Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast today!
Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast Ingredients
- 1 5-6 pound/2.5 kg boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL kosher or sea salt
For the Rub
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons/30 mL whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL paprika
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
For the Mop
- 1 cup/240 mL bourbon
- 1/2 cup/120 mL light brown sugar
- 1 small onion, pureed
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ketchup
- 1/4 cup/60 mL corn syrup (preferably dark)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown mustard
Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast Directions
- To make rub, place peppercorns and mustard seed in a coffee grinder. Pulverize into a medium grind and place in a small bowl. Add remaining rub ingredients.
- Season pork shoulder all over with the rub, wrap in plastic and place in refrigerate for 12 to 15 hours.
- Remove the roast from the fridge and let the meat stand at room temperature for 30-45 minutes before grilling. Season with kosher salt right before going onto the grill.
- While the roast is resting, whisk ingredients for the mop in a medium bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat grill. Secure roast on a rotisserie rod and cook over direct low heat for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. When done, the internal temperature should be at least 145°F (63°C).
- After the first hour of cooking, apply the mop every 20 minutes for the remainder of cook time. Remove roast from the rotisserie, cover with foil, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Taken from thespruceeats.com https://www.thespruceeats.com/bourbon-rotisserie-pork-roast-recipe-335584