Fall is a time for change - the wind picks up, the leaves start to fall from the trees, and we all crave something hearty and warm for dinner. There's nothing better than a plate of seared steak topped with arugula, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil—especially when it's paired with roasted potatoes or butternut squash. Sliced Strip Steak with Arugula and Parsley will satisfy your craving for comfort food while still being healthy enough that you can enjoy it guilt-free!
The perfect dish for fall because of the combination of flavors, veggies, and protein, grilled steak is the grilling favorite of any season. You can use the leftovers of any steak grilled the night before, or grill up a fresh ribeye, porterhouse, flank, or strip to go with this delightful salad. The salad features salty Parmesan and capers mixed with onion, arugula, and parsley. The citrus of lemon makes the dressing sparkling, light, and refreshing.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper, and grill over medium-high heat until medium-rare. Slice and serve the steak with the salad for a beautiful meal of crisp, refreshing texture balanced by the succulent beef. Full of flavor, this salad is a perfect meal for a blustery fall evening around the fire pit with family, friends, and a warm drink.
Sliced Strip Steak with Arugula and Parsley Ingredients
- 2 1-inch-thick boneless New York strip steaks (about 10 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch arugula, tough stems removed
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chile, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces caper berries, halved if large
- 2 ounces Parmesan, shaved
- 1 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Sliced Strip Steak with Arugula and Parsley Directions
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning several times, until lightly charred, 7–9 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board; let rest at least 15 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Toss arugula, onion, chile, caper berries, Parmesan, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and oil and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle steak with oil and season with salt and pepper; serve with salad.
Do Ahead: Steak can be grilled one day ahead. Let cool, cover, and chill. Bring to room temperature before slicing.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/sliced-strip-steak-with-arugula-and-parsley