As the temperature rises, so does our consumption of grilled food - we can't get enough of that summertime flavor! We love grilling and eating out on the deck, but sometimes we need a little something extra to take our meal over the top. Ginger-Miso Grilled Asparagus is easy to make, healthy, and delicious--a perfect addition to any backyard barbecue! The grilled asparagus has an irresistible mix of flavors from ginger, miso, and mirin. It's sure to be a hit with your guests at your next cookout or dinner party this summer!
We love asparagus on the grill because it softens just enough while the high heat creates tasty, charred edges and ends that are addicting. The marinade combines sweet mirin, white miso, seasoned rice wine vinegar, and fresh ginger that is smooth and fragrant. Once the spears are coated, throw them over high heat for about five minutes. Top with scallions and toasted sesame seeds to round out the presentation and serve with lime wedges for a bit of zing. Grilled asparagus is terrific with only salt and pepper, and with just a few more ingredients, it will become the star of the table.
Ginger-Miso Grilled Asparagus Ingredients
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- ¼ cup white miso
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated peeled ginger
- 2 bunches of asparagus (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- Lime wedges, thinly sliced scallions, and toasted sesame seeds (for serving)
Ginger-Miso Grilled Asparagus Directions
- Prepare a grill for high heat.
- Whisk mirin, miso, vinegar, and ginger in a small bowl. Place asparagus in a pie plate or small baking dish and pour miso mixture over. Toss to coat.
- Grill asparagus, occasionally turning, until charred on all sides and crisp-tender, 4–5 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- Squeeze lime juice over, then top with scallions and sesame seeds.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/ginger-miso-grilled-asparagus