BBQ Chicken with Sweet Chili–Peach Glaze
The leaves may be falling and the temperatures dropping, but that doesn't mean the grilling season is over! We know that true grill masters like you are just getting started, and we at American Made Grills are here to help with fabulous recipes like our BBQ Chicken with Sweet Chili-Peach Glaze.
This dish is perfect for autumn, with mesquite-grilled chicken glazed with sweet peaches, chili sauce, and caramelized goodness. It's sure to become a seasonal favorite in your house! So don't let the cooler weather stop you from firing up the grill - break out this recipe and enjoy the taste of summer all autumn long.
This recipe is like a mixed grill, but with chicken, peaches, and onions. Everything gets grilled together with just some olive oil drizzle and salt and pepper. The fragrant mesquite aroma that comes off the grill as the peaches caramelize and onions char is terrific. The finishing touch is the sweet chili-peach glaze. A simple combination of sweet chili sauce, one peach, lime juice, and lime zest, there are not many things in life that are as addictively sweet. Glazing the chicken is like making chicken candy, which pairs well with the onions and grilled peaches. Grab your favorite sweater and a hot drink, and let's get grilling!
BBQ Chicken with Sweet Chili–Peach Glaze Ingredients
- 5 peaches, sliced in half and pitted, divided
- 1/2 c. sweet chili sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 8 green onions
- bamboo skewers soaked in water
- 2 red onions, sliced into 3/4" rings
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
BBQ Chicken with Sweet Chili–Peach Glaze Directions
- In a blender, add one peach (roughly chopped), sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and zest; pulse and blend until smooth, then transfer to a small bowl. Place the remaining peaches cut side up on a rimmed sheet pan with green onions. Skewer onions through the center and place them on a sheet pan. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Meanwhile, rinse the chicken and pat dry thoroughly. On a separate rimmed sheet pan, arrange chicken pieces, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook covered for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and add peaches, green onions, and onions to the grill. Cover for 5 minutes and flip peaches and vegetables. When the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 150 to 155°, brush glaze on the chicken. Flip chicken until glazed and browned on both sides and internal temperature is 165°; total cooking time for chicken is about 25 minutes. Peaches and vegetables should have dark grill marks and be slightly charred; the cooking time is 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large platter and serve with the remaining glaze.