Valentine’s Salmon & Escarole with Lemon-Tarragon Butter
This Valentine's Day, wow your special someone with an unforgettable dinner featuring our Valentine’s Salmon & Escarole with Lemon-Tarragon Butter. Surprise them by using your grill to create a unique and romantic meal!
This exciting and complex recipe starts by placing a foil basket on the preheated grill. Place salmon fillets within the steaming escarole and baste in a rich, tangy lemon-tarragon butter sauce. As you close the lid, anticipate the sensational flavors that will tantalize your taste buds; escarole is crisp, lemony, and bright, while butter-basted salmon is delicate and rich, melting in your mouth!
Make this Valentine’s Day memorable with this exquisite entrée that blends a balance of flavors—a perfect way to start your evening together. Grillers, get ready to impress your sweetheart this holiday season with Valentine’s Salmon & Escarole with Lemon-Tarragon Butter!
Makes 4 servings
Valentine’s Salmon & Escarole with Lemon-Tarragon Butter Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chopped escarole, romaine lettuce, or spinach
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1-1¼ pounds skinned salmon fillet, preferably wild Pacific, cut into portions
Valentine’s Salmon & Escarole with Lemon-Tarragon Butter Directions
- To prepare baskets for grilling, start with eight 20- to 24-inch-long pieces of foil. Layer two sheets for each of the four baskets (the double layers will help protect the contents from burning).
- Combine butter with the juice of 1 lemon in a small pan; melt over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in tarragon and garlic—reserve two tablespoons for the fish. Combine the rest of the sauce in a large bowl with escarole (or lettuce or spinach), scallions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- Place one-fourth of the greens mixture (about 1¼ cups) on half of each double layer. Place one piece of fish on top of each portion of the greens. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Brush the reserved sauce on the fish. Slice the remaining lemon and top the fish with the lemon slices.
- Fold the foil over the ingredients and tightly seal the baskets by crimping and folding the edges together. Grill over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the baskets to another spot on the grill about halfway through to ensure even cooking. (Carefully open one basket to check for doneness—be cautious of the steam.) Let the baskets rest unopened for 5 minutes before serving.
Taken from eatingwell.com