Spanish Pork Burgers with Garlic Shrimp and Sundried Tomato Pesto Aioli
As the new year settles in and we leave the holidays behind, sometimes nothing satisfies like a flavorful yet straightforward burger. But who says simple has to mean boring? These Spanish Pork Burgers with Garlic Shrimp and Sundried Tomato Pesto Aioli take the humble burger to savory new heights.
We start with juicy pork patties seasoned with a touch of smoky Spanish paprika, adding warmth and depth to the meat. Get your grill good and hot to get a nice crispy char on the burgers while keeping them moist inside. The Havarti cheese on top adds a perfect melting richness.
But the garlic shrimp and pesto aioli take these burgers over the top. The shrimp are sautéed in lemon and garlic for a bright, briny flavor. And the pesto aioli, made from herbaceous basil and nutty, fruity sundried tomatoes, adds a cool, vibrant creaminess.
The blend of flavors and textures is indeed next level when you bring it all together between toasty buns. From the first crunchy, cheesy, shrimpy bite to the last bit of garlicky pesto sauce, these gourmet burgers satisfy. Trust us, cooks and grill masters - your family and friends will be begging for this recipe.
So fire up those grills and enjoy a taste of Spain this winter with these delicious pork burgers.
Spanish Pork Burgers with Garlic Shrimp and Sundried Tomato Pesto Aioli Ingredients
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- ½ cup breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Sundried Tomato Pesto Aioli
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato pesto
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 12 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chili pepper flakes
- lemon slices
- Havarti cheese slices
- burger buns
Spanish Pork Burgers with Garlic Shrimp and Sundried Tomato Pesto Aioli Directions
- For the burgers: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Mix all the ingredients and form into four patties. Place on the grill and cook for five minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Pesto Aioli: Mix together the ingredients and set aside until ready to serve.
- Garlic Shrimp: Mix the shrimp, garlic, parsley, olive oil, and chili flakes. Marinate up to overnight (I mixed it together about 10 minutes before cooking). Heat the grill to medium-high heat and place on the grill. Squeeze lemon juice over each shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- To serve, place the havarti cheese over each cooked pork burger patty and place under the broiler until melted. Remove from heat. Spread the aioli over each cut half of the burger bun and top with the havarti and pork burger patty followed by the garlic shrimp, then serve!
Taken from littlekitchenbigworld.com https://www.littlekitchenbigworld.com/spanish-pork-burgers-with-garlic-shrimp-and-sundried-tomato-pesto-aioli/