Mother’s Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts
Make this Mother's Day a celebration with the Mother's Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts. Use your grilling skills to treat your mom or wife to something special to honor her in style.
This Italian-inspired marinade perfectly enhances the grilled chicken, bringing out everyone's favorite fresh basil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar flavors for a truly unforgettable taste! Tender, aromatic, and beautiful - like Mom! - this dish will make her feel appreciated and send her a strong message of love.
To create a flavorful marinade for grilled chicken, combine minced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, aged balsamic vinegar, fruity olive oil, fresh basil leaves, kosher salt, and cracked black pepper in a food processor—pulse until well combined but still slightly chunky. Transfer three-quarters of the marinade to a resealable bag and add chicken breasts to coat. Reserve the remaining marinade to simmer into a flavorful sauce. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
When ready to cook, preheat a grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Discard used marinade. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side. Simmer the reserved marinade in a saucepan until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve the grilled chicken topped with extra tomatoes and basil and drizzled with a flavorful sauce.
Fire up that grill and give your mother or wife an unparalleled dining experience without the restaurant wait time at home - let Mother’s Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts be your one-way ticket to deliciousness!
Mother’s Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts Ingredients
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned
- 4 to 6 tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh basil (loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL red pepper flakes
Mother’s Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts Directions
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, vinegar, oil, basil, black pepper, and salt in a food processor—reserve a small amount of the chopped tomatoes and chopped basil for garnish.
- Add chicken and 3/4 of the marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Make sure the chicken is well coated. Seal the bag and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Bring the reserved 1/4 of the marinade to a boil in a small saucepan for 1 minute, reduce heat, and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook on medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once.
- Remove chicken from heat, top with cooked sauce, and garnish with diced tomatoes or chopped basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Taken from summersetgrills.com https://summersetgrills.com/blogs/recipes/mother-s-day-basil-and-tomato-chicken-breasts