Grilled Citrus-Shrimp Lettuce Cups
Get ready to help your Memorial Day festivities reach their delicious peak with Grilled Citrus-Shrimp Lettuce Cups! Our latest addition, this delightful dish is as beautiful as it is appealing. Tender morsels of succulent shrimp are grilled and then served in a lettuce cup, making for the perfect light summer meal or appetizer.
The aromatic marinade blend full of traditional Thai flavors is a recipe like no other, providing mouthwatering bursts of flavor with every bite. Enjoy the savory combination of shallot, lemongrass stalk, Thai chile, lime juice, orange juice, ginger, and sesame oil over firm grilled shrimp to create a memorable taste that will stand out from your usual cookouts.
If you're looking for something a bit different while still staying true to traditional BBQ tastes, Grilled Citrus-Shrimp Lettuce Cups will not disappoint! So go ahead and make this Memorial Day one to remember; try Grilled Citrus-Shrimp Lettuce Cups today and begin grilling up some good before the sunshine fades away!
Grilled Citrus-Shrimp Lettuce Cups Ingredients
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 5-inch lemongrass stalk, tough outer layers removed, finely chopped (about two tablespoons)
- 1 Thai chile, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Cooked white rice
- Little Gem lettuce leaves
- sliced cucumber or julienned carrot
- lime wedges
- mint or basil sprigs
- toasted sesame seeds
Grilled Citrus-Shrimp Lettuce Cups Directions
- Whisk shallot, lemongrass, chile, lime juice, orange juice, ginger, and salt in a small bowl. Reserve half of the marinade for serving; cover and leave at room temperature until ready to use. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Grill shrimp until lightly charred and cooked through, 1–2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a large bowl and toss with sesame oil; season with salt, if needed.
- Serve shrimp with rice, lettuce, cucumber or carrot, lime wedges, mint or basil, sesame seeds, and reserved marinade for making lettuce cups.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-citrus-shrimp-lettuce-cups