Grilled Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Butter and Oregano Pesto
If you want to create an unforgettable Valentine's Day experience, Grilled Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Butter and Oregano Pesto is lovely, and drizzled with rich garlic butter and savory oregano pesto makes this dish perfect for an intimate meal for two.
We believe in starting with the freshest ingredients to achieve perfection. Finding a quality supplier who shares our commitment to excellence is crucial. Imagine a tender sea bass fillet brushed with zesty lemon juice and premium grapeseed oil. Seasoned with just the right salt and pepper, it's perfectly grilled, resulting in a tantalizingly crispy skin.
The secret weapon is an exquisite oregano pesto made with fragrant oregano leaves, extra virgin olive oil, toasted pine nuts, aged Parmesan cheese, garlic, and a touch of salt. Each ingredient is blended to create a textured masterpiece that will delight your taste buds.
Once the sea bass is grilled to perfection, top each fillet with a dollop of the vibrant oregano pesto. The flavors mingle and create a symphony of taste that dances upon your palate. The sight of the colorful pesto cascading down the fillets adds a touch of romance.
Grilled Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Butter and Oregano Pesto is the ultimate dish for an intimate meal. Its captivating aroma, vibrant colors, and explosive flavors make it a memorable experience. This Valentine's Day, prepare a meal fit for your special someone, and let this sea bass become the beginning of your romantic rendezvous.
Grilled Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Butter and Oregano Pesto Ingredients
- 1 pound Chilean sea bass (skin on one side)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Oregano Pesto
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Garlic Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
Grilled Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Butter and Oregano Pesto Directions
- To prepare pesto, place its ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is well combined. Do not puree the mixture; it should still have some texture. Add more oregano for a thicker sauce.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Wash and pat dry fish. Combine lemon juice and grapeseed oil. Slather onto the fleshy part of the fish and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Grab a large pair of outdoor cooking tongs and folded paper towels. Dip paper towels in a reasonable amount of grapeseed oil and run across the hot grill grates. Repeat this process four times to create a non-stick surface for the fish.
- Place sea bass onto the grill, flesh side down. Allow fish to cook for 3 minutes, and very gently, using a wide metal spatula, work the fish away from the grill grates. Once the fish gives, flip over and cook (skin side down) for an additional 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filet. Fish is done once the thickest part of the fillet reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. (63 degrees C.). Remove the fish and gently cover with foil until ready to serve. Be gentle.
- For the garlic butter, place olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. As soon as it starts to heat up (bubbles appear), add sliced garlic, stir, and remove from heat. The garlic flavor will infuse in the oil but will not burn if you do this. Let cool for 30 seconds before using.
- To serve, drizzle the platter with garlic butter, then pesto. Set fish on top and garnish with your favorite herbs and vegetables. Drizzle with a bit of garlic butter on top if you'd like a little extra flavor. Serve with your favorite side dishes, though I do recommend grilled vegetables for this dish.
Taken from thespruceeats.com https://www.thespruceeats.com/grilled-chilean-sea-bass-with-pesto-334345