Grilled Asparagus Plate with Cilantro Pepita Pesto
Introducing Grilled Asparagus Plate with Cilantro Pepita Pesto - the ultimate side dish to elevate any holiday gathering! As the cold weather sets in and the scent of peppermint fills the air, our mouths water at the thought of firing up the grill one last time this year.
This stunning dish is not only a feast for the eyes with its vibrant green hue but also packs a punch in terms of flavor and texture. We understand the importance of a healthy meal, especially during the festive season, and that's why we've carefully crafted a dish that is both nourishing and tantalizing for your taste buds.
Imagine the delightful combination of earthy asparagus, kissed by the grill's flames and coated in a luscious blanket of our homemade cilantro pepita pesto. This pesto is a symphony of flavors, boasting the brightness of cilantro, the crunch of toasted pepitas, the zing of lime, the warmth of garlic, a sprinkle of salt, and a hint of smoky chipotle powder. It's the perfect medley of ingredients that will leave your guests begging for the recipe!
We invite you to experience the boldness, the fragrance, and the festivity that Grilled Asparagus Plate with Cilantro Pepita Pesto brings to the table. Embrace the warmth of winter, enjoy the mouthwatering flavors of this dish, and relish in the company of your loved ones. Because, after all, good food and great company are the true essence of any holiday gathering.
Grilled Asparagus Plate with Cilantro Pepita Pesto Ingredients
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 1 1/2 lbs. (medium thickness stalks)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
Cilantro Pepita Pesto
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 jalapeno (mostly seeded. you want a few for heat)
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder, to taste
- one large bunch (about 4 super packed cups) cilantro, ends cut, the stem is fine
- juice of two large limes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- splash of water
Grilled Asparagus Plate with Cilantro Pepita Pesto Directions
- Heat your grill, or indoor grill, over medium heat.
- Cut off the dry bits of the asparagus and use a vegetable peeler to shave the end stalks gently. Toss the asparagus in the olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus, covered, turning a few times, for about 7-9 minutes. Time will vary based on the thickness of the stalks. I like mine on the snappy side.
- To make the pesto, pulse the garlic, toasted pepitas, and sea salt in a food processor to chop. Add the jalapeno, chipotle, cilantro, and lime juice and run the processor to combine. Drizzle in the olive oil with the motor running and a splash of water. Taste and adjust as you wish. Add more chipotle for heat, citrus juice, and salt to brighten it; water if you prefer it thinner.
- Serve the asparagus on a generous pillow of the cilantro pesto. Garnish with the minced red onion and toasted pepitas. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Taken from summersetgrills.com https://summersetgrills.com/blogs/recipes/grilled-asparagus-plate-with-cilantro-pepita-pesto-a-very-merry-grilled-christmas