Grilled Pork Chops and Peaches
When it comes to grilling, pork chops are a crowd favorite. The grill's intense heat means that they cook quickly, and the char gives them an irresistible flavor. Grilled Pork Chops and Peaches is one of my favorites because it combines sweet peaches with salty pork for a dish that you can't help but devour. Quick, easy, and sure to satisfy your palate, I hope it becomes one of your favorite summertime recipes.
Grilled pork chops are juicy, flavorful, and delicious when paired with peaches. The peach flavor smoothly balances the salty richness from the meat, adding a light fruity flavor to the dish. The pork chops get a simple seasoning of salt, pepper, and chili powder and are then grilled over medium-high heat. With no butter and extra fat added to the preparation, this meal is on the healthier side but lacks nothing in flavor and aroma. The peach halves are seared over high heat until beautifully charred. The vinaigrette combines garlic, shallots, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and orange for a refreshing and light zing to top. Not only does this dish explode with flavor, but the presentation of grilled peaches on top of seared pork is also breathtaking and alluring.
Grilled Pork Chops and Peaches Ingredients
Pork Chops and Peaches
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced (about 1 large clove)
- 3 tablespoons Minced Shallot (about 1/2 large shallot)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 organic orange, 1 teaspoon zested, and juiced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
Grilled Pork Chops and Peaches Directions
Pork Chops and Peaches
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking. Season pork chops evenly on both sides with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill pork for 5 minutes, flip and cook additional 5 minutes. Turn heat to low under pork chops, leaving the other side hot, and cook pork for an additional 15 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- While pork is resting, grill cut peaches over high heat until charred and tender, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and place grilled peaches in vinaigrette, tossing to coat.
- Remove peaches and slice, place peaches on top of the pork with a generous drizzle of vinaigrette.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve additional vinaigrette on the side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
Notes: Extra vinaigrette can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week for salads and vegetables.
Taken from ahealthylifeforme.com http://ahealthylifeforme.com/grilled-pork-chops-peaches/