Grilled Clams with Spiced Paprika Butter
Bring the taste of the sea to your backyard with buttery goodness and the perfect amount of heat. Grilled Clams with Spiced Paprika Butter are brimming with fiery flavor thanks to a zesty spiced butter that coats the shellfish just before serving. The results are out of this world delicious and sure to be a hit with your friends and family. Get your grill fired up, and get ready for one of the best seafood dishes you will ever try!
Begin by preparing the compound butter, so it's ready to coat the clams when they come off the grill. Mix room temperature unsalted butter with hot smoked paprika, celery seeds, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined. This butter can be prepped up to four days prior, kept refrigerated, and then brought to room temperature when ready to grill.
Possibly the most straightforward food to grill, place the clams directly over medium-high heat and wait for three to five minutes for them to open. Remove the clams from the grill into a mixing bowl and add the butter. Toss the clams in the spiced paprika butter until thoroughly coated with decadence and serve. Fresh, rich, and spicy, these clams are perfect for a weeknight meal at sunset on the deck.
If you are not sure if grilled clams are your thing, try this spiced paprika butter recipe. It may just change your mind about them!
Grilled Clams with Spiced Paprika Butter Ingredients
- 4 pounds clams (such as littleneck or mahogany)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Celery leaves (for serving)
Grilled Clams with Spiced Paprika Butter Directions
- Mix butter, paprika, celery seeds, and cayenne in a small bowl until well combined; season with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Place clams directly on grill grate. Grill (no need to turn or rotate) until they pop open, 3–5 minutes. Transfer clams to a large bowl, discarding any that are not open.
- Add butter to bowl with grilled clams and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and top with celery leaves.
Do Ahead: Butter can be made four days ahead. Cover and chill; bring to room temperature before serving.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-clams-spiced-paprika-butter