A Father’s Dream Breakfast: Breakfast Burgers
What could be better than a burger on Father’s Day? How about a burger for breakfast on Father’s Day! That’s right; today, we are bringing a father’s dream breakfast: Breakfast Burgers. A fusion of everything excellent and American about breakfast and burgers, this is a fantastic way to begin celebrating dad this Father’s Day.
Using a combination of ground beef and sausage, this breakfast patty will marry perfectly with the cooked egg and toasted muffin. Fresh tomato and arugula brighten the palate, while the horseradish dressing smacks the mouth with flavor. Incredibly easy, this entire sandwich can be prepared using a grill and side burner in about 15 minutes. So get outside, fire up the grill, and make this father’s dream breakfast a reality.
A Father’s Dream Breakfast: Breakfast Burgers Ingredients
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon drained prepared horseradish
- 12 ounces of ground beef (80-percent lean)
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar (about 2 ounces)
- 4 English muffins, regular, sandwich-size or corn, split and toasted
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, thickly sliced into 4 pieces
A Father’s Dream Breakfast: Breakfast Burgers Directions
- For the dressing, stir the mayonnaise, mustard, and horseradish in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the burgers: Gently mix the ground beef, sausage, and 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Divide the meat into four pieces and form each into a 4-inch patty.
- Prepare grill. Place patties and cook until well browned, about 5 minutes, and then flip. Top with some cheese and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the burger is just cooked through.
- Place lightly buttered English muffins on the grill to warm and toast.
- Spread the toasted muffins with some mustard dressing and top with a slice of tomato and a burger patty.
- Crack the eggs into a skillet with butter and cook to your preference.
- Place an egg on each burger and finish with some baby arugula on the top of the English muffin.
Taken from foodnetwork.com http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/breakfast-burgers-recipe.html