The Perfect Grilled Tri-Tip: How to Cook It to Perfection
Grilling is one of the most popular ways to cook tri-tip. The intense heat produces a delicious, smoky flavor that can't be beaten. This blog post will teach you how to grill tri-tip like a pro! We'll go over the technique, the time, and the temperature you need to cook it perfectly. So fire up your grill, and let's get cooking!
What is Tri-Tip, and Where Does it Come From?
A tri-tip is a triangular cut of beef that comes from the bottom sirloin. It's a leaner cut of meat, which makes it perfect for grilling. The three tips of the triangle are where the name comes from. Famously championed in Santa Maria-style barbecue, this unique cut of meat has become a popular grilling choice across the country.
How to Grill Tri-Tip Like a Pro!
Grilling tri-tip is easy once you know how to do it. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Preheat your grill to medium or medium-high heat depending on the strength of your burners
- Season your tri-tip with salt, pepper, and other spices.
- Place the meat on the grill and cook for about eight minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let rest for five to ten minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve!
Following these simple steps, you'll be able to grill tri-tip like a pro in no time. And your guests will be impressed by your mad grilling skills!
What to Serve with Grilled Tri-Tip
Grilled tri-tip is delicious, but it's even better when paired with the right sides. Here are a few of our favorite side dishes to serve with grilled tri-tip:
- A simple green salad
- Roasted potatoes
- Baked beans
- Creamed corn
- Fresh fruit
No matter what sides you choose, we guarantee that your grilled tri-tip will be the star of the show!
Grilling Tips for the Perfect Meal Every Time
Now that you know how to grill tri-tip, it's time to learn a few tips and tricks to ensure your meal is perfect. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- How long to cook tri-tip on the grill? Grill tri-tip for about eight minutes per side or until medium-rare or medium.
- Use a meat thermometer! This is the best way to ensure that your tri-tip is cooked perfectly.
- Let the meat rest. This allows the juices to redistribute, making for a juicier and more flavorful piece of meat.
- Slice against the grain. This may seem like a small detail, but it dramatically affects how tender your meat is.
By following these simple tips, you'll be able to grill tri-tip like a pro every time. So fire up the grill and enjoy!
Ready for Some Tri-Tip?
We hope this blog post has inspired you to get out there and grill some tri-tip. It's a delicious cut of meat that is perfect for any summer BBQ. To help you get started, here is one of our favorite recipes using oak wood, ideally prepared on one of our hybrid grills! So, grab your friends, fire up the grill, and enjoy!