Thanksgiving Day Appetizer: Grilled Figs with Honeyed Goat Cheese & Thyme
It's that time of year again, and many people are eagerly awaiting the holiday season. In addition to being a time for family gatherings, the holidays also mean delicious food is abundant around every corner. One recipe you must add to your Thanksgiving Day feast is Grilled Figs with Honeyed Goat Cheese & Thyme. This appetizer will have your guests coming back for seconds!
These figs are super simple to prepare and make an excellent snack during the festivities or even a unique dessert. Create the goat cheese mixture by combining goat cheese, milk, honey, and thyme. Add the mixture to a plastic bag or piping bag. Simply grill the figs flesh-side down for a couple of minutes to sear in gorgeous grill marks while starting the caramelizing of the natural sugars. Pipe the cheese mixture onto the hot figs and serve immediately.
Can't you smell the aroma of seared sweet fruit and fresh thyme? What a delightfully fresh and smooth dish to bring elegance and sophistication to a beautiful holiday!
Grilled Figs with Honeyed Goat Cheese & Thyme Ingredients
- 1 ½ ounces goat cheese log (about 1/3 cup), at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, plus leaves for garnish
- 12 small fresh figs (10 ounces total), halved lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Grilled Figs with Honeyed Goat Cheese & Thyme Directions
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400 degrees F to 450 degrees F). Stir together goat cheese, milk, honey, and thyme in a small bowl. Spoon mixture into a small zip-top plastic bag; snip a 1/4-inch tip off the corner of the bag.
- Lightly coat cut sides of figs with cooking spray. Place figs, cut sides down, on oiled grates; grill, uncovered until slightly softened and grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer figs to a serving platter; sprinkle evenly with salt. Pipe goat cheese mixture evenly onto fig halves. Garnish with thyme leaves. Serve immediately.
Taken from eatingwell.com https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/275288/grilled-figs-with-honeyed-goat-cheese-thyme/