Summertime Burgers with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa
The perfect summer day is often described as a sunny day on a remote tropical beach under an umbrella with sparkling refreshment at your fingertips. For most of us, though, that island paradise is too far away to enjoy regularly. Bring that tropical savor to your backyard grill with Summertime Burgers with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa. These fresh and juicy burgers are sure to be a summer favorite, packed with aroma and heat.
The secret ingredient to these burgers is the Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa – a simple combination of fresh pineapple, jalapeño, and lime juice that is like an island breeze to your palate. Marrying this incredible salsa with perfectly grilled, medium-rare ground chuck creates a culinary union ready to stand the test of time and the test of your taste buds! Not only do these burgers astound in flavor, but they are also splendidly quick to prepare, keeping you out of the sun and in the shade. So fire up the grill, put on some ukulele music, and get ready to visit an island paradise for your mouth.
Summertime Burgers with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped fresh or canned pineapple (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
- 4 hamburger buns
Summertime Burgers with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa Directions
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- Form the beef into four ½-inch-thick patties and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the patties (do not press or flatten) for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Place the burgers on the buns and top with the pineapple salsa.