How to Grill the Best Chicken Thighs: Tips and Tricks for Juicy, Flavorful Poultry
Chicken thighs are often underrated. People usually go for chicken breasts because they are seen as healthier, but thighs have so much flavor and juiciness to offer. This blog post will teach you how to grill the best chicken thighs possible. We will give you tips and tricks for making them juicy and flavorful every time. So what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
Why Chicken Thighs are a Better Option Than Chicken Breasts
Chicken thighs are an excellent option for grilling because they are full of flavor. They also tend to be juicier than chicken breasts, so you don't have to worry about them drying out on the grill. Chicken thighs are also a cheaper option than chicken breasts, so they are a great choice if you are on a budget.
How to Grill the Best Chicken Thighs
There are a few things to consider to grill the best chicken thighs.
- Use a marinade or brine to infuse moisture and flavor into the meat. Brining is ideal for poultry because it helps keep the meat moist during cooking. Using a brine or marinade is kind of an insurance policy for your chicken, making it harder to burn or overcook.
- Since thighs have more fat, use indirect heat to avoid flare-ups and burning. Set up the grill for indirect heat by not cooking directly over the burners, coals, or other fuel sources.
- Consider cooking them more to make them extra tender, especially when planning to shred the chicken for pulled chicken sandwiches and other dishes. For best results, cook them to 175-185 degrees to eliminate any rubberiness and ensure tenderness.
- Make sure that your grill is hot before you start cooking. A hot grill will help to ensure that your chicken doesn't stick to the grill and that it cooks evenly.
- If you smoke your chicken thighs with the skin on, plan to finish over a hot fire to render and crispen the skin properly. Without this step, the skin will be rubbery and unpleasant to eat.
Tips and Tricks for Juicy, Flavorful Poultry
Now that you know how to grill the best chicken thighs, here are a few tips and tricks for making them even more juicy and flavorful.
- First, make sure to use good quality olive oil or other cooking oil. This will help to keep the chicken moist while it cooks.
- Second, season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. This seasoning will help to bring out the natural flavors of the chicken.
- Third, if you are using a marinade, let the chicken soak in it for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This process will help the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Fourth, if you want to add even more flavor, try adding some herbs or spices to the chicken before cooking. Thyme, rosemary, and garlic are all great options.
- Finally, don't forget to let the chicken rest for a few minutes after cooking. Resting will help keep the juices in and make sure that your chicken is as juicy as possible.
The Benefits of Grilling Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs get a bad rap because they have more fat than chicken breasts. However, this extra fat means that they are juicier and more flavorful when cooked correctly. Chicken thighs are cheaper than chicken breasts, making them an excellent option for budget-minded cooks.
Grilling chicken thighs allows that extra fat to render and burn away, leaving juicy, flavorful meat. If you have ever baked chicken thighs in the oven, they often come out greasy and slightly rubbery because of all the fat. On the grill, that fat drips away, leaving a texture and flavor that is addicting and delicious.
Since much of the fat drips away, grilling chicken thighs is healthier than frying chicken in a pan. The grill's high heat also helps to crisp up the skin while keeping the meat juicy on the inside.
The texture of grilled chicken thighs is also amazing. The slightly crisp skin and juicy meat make them perfect for any meal. I love to serve grilled chicken thighs with a simple salad or roasted vegetables for a healthy and delicious dinner.
Take Grilled Chicken Thighs to Another Level with a Hybrid Grill
If you love the flavor of grilled chicken but want to take it to another level, try using a hybrid grill. A hybrid grill combines charcoal and gas, which gives you the best of both worlds. The charcoal gives the chicken that fantastic smoky flavor, while the gas helps to keep the temperature consistent.
If you're looking for the best way to grill chicken thighs, try using a hybrid grill from American Made Grills. You can get that perfect grilled chicken every time with a hybrid grill from American Made Grills. Each hybrid grill is made with 100% American-made materials and a lifetime warranty, so you know it's built to last.